The following is an area to be used for working through designing more complex additions to Roundup's functionality. It is not intended to be a general wishlist - submit RFEs on the issue tracker for that.
- Having per-tracker control over the messages sent by Roundup. Lots of open questions to be answered though.
- Roundup could use a significant performance boost in some areas.
- One of those areas is the full-text indexer.
- A replacement implementation for TAL templating lanugage.
Patches to use the http://chameleon.repoze.org TAL engine are in roundup 1.4.20 or newer.
- File specifying default params for index, item and search page generation.
- Enable remote hyperdb access. Google Summer of Code 2006 project.
- Add a new demo schema / template that integrates support for project management:
- repository checkin tracking
- buildbot status tracks
- test matrix
(but way more flexible than) trac.
Assorted Development Proposals of varying complexity that mostly include open RFEs and ideas discussed on roundup-devel.
- Replace the current import-based tracker loading scheme with something better.
- Look into adding creation to the standard set of permissions.
- Thinking of different types of permissions: action permissions and object permissions: class permission, item permission and perhaps attribute permission.